Friday 23 August 2013

Here I am

I had been toying with the idea of starting a blog for ages. I knew what my subject was, but couldn't think of the name.  For some reason, naming things seems to be my stumbling block.  Then so much happened this week, and I decided to take the plunge, and jumped in with my Parking Permit post.  So now I think I had better introduce myself.

I love God.  This is the thing that over-arches my whole life, and I strive to make all my decisions with His strength.  Of course, I am human, so this is something that doesn't always happen..

I love my husband.  He is my Prince Charming, the love of my life.  I was so blessed to meet him in high school, and he is my absolute best friend.

I love my kids.  I have three teenagers, and they are pretty extraordinary  I love watching YouTube videos and awesome tv shows like Doctor Who and Buffy with them, and generally hanging out with them.

I love my family, but only my adopted ones!  I have some beautiful friends that I consider my family, and they go a long way toward filling the hole.

I love my dogs, Lily and Marshall (and obviously How I Met Your Mother).  They are beautiful Beagliers, bought to give me company, and they do that well.



I don't love my chronic pain.  

Since I was a teenager I have lived with pain.  In the last 10 years it became constant agony.  And the hardest part was that no tests that the doctors ran found anything wrong.  After a month in hospital, and a month in a mental health ward, a doctor finally agreed to do surgery on my arms, and for a brief period of time, I was relatively pain free. (of course, that's a story for another blog post) 
Now I am living with constant nerve pain in my legs, with the doctors running a similar barrage of tests, and I am still hitting the same brick walls.  At the moment, I am waiting for DNA test results, hanging on the edge of either knowing what is happening with my body, or having to start another fight for answers.......

I don't love my biological or married-into family.  These people have been the source of the most pain & suffering in my life, hurting my heart worse than the pain the nerves are causing me.  The decision to cut all ties with them has been the best decision we have ever made, but they are certainly persistent!


I hate mushrooms, they make me gag ;)


So thank you for reading, I hope to share along my journey of recovery, recovering from my abusive upbringing, recovering my health, and recovering my faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment